Sunday, March 30, 2008

Clueless in Xenacyberland

Okay, so I get this email the other day...

Hi,

My name is Jerome and I'm working on gathering fans from around the world to get a movie studio to make a Xena movie. As a Xena fan, you have to be for a movie. Xena never gives and nor should the fans. Xena deserves a movie. We need to contact everyone to get them interested. We need annoy them with letters and post cards and emails and phone calls. They need to know that they need to make a movie!

We can do this by having posters, petitions, and protestes at conventions. We should march in front of Universal Studios. We need to be proactive about this. It's the only way they'll listen.

Ugh! At first I though he was joking. But I don't think he was. He's another clueless fan roaming around on the internet and not up with the latest developments.

My reply to him was a very long-winded rant on how he needs to do some research on the matter before randomly emailing people asking for support.

I sent him links of all the posts I've made on this blog about the movie. Hopefully he'll get the picture that his attempts to get a movie made are futile, at best.

The fact is, Universal Studios has made it known to Rob Tapert that they aren't interested in making a Xena movie. He's relayed that to us. It's not going to happen. I'm sorry to be the person to break it.

And if you're going to be a pain in the ass about it, you're going to make the fandom look bad and make us look like a bunch cry babies. No one ever accomplishes anything by being a bastard about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment