Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lucy's getting short changed, this is blasphemy

Okay, hold it. Stop the presses. I don't get fans at times. I really, really don't. I mean, yeah, she's Lucy Lawless, but besides being known the Xena fandom and Battlestar Galactica fandom, Lucy is pretty much another TV actor who is multi-talented. She doesn't have name recognition.

Yeah, okay. Neither does the guy from Fresh Prince, but that's not the point. The point is that unlike the guy from Fresh Prince and unlike Leah Thomspon Back to the Future and Caroline in the City, Lucy is one of those people who've only vaguely heard about.

Her fault? I've said before, I'm not the person to be judge of that. Do I think she could do better? Sure, there are things I wish she wouldn't have done (Eurotrip), but in the end, Lucy said herself this was too good to pass up. It's a chance to sing with some of the greats of the music business. And it's an opportunity for Lucy to cash in the ever growing popularity of reality TV. And for that, I applaud Lucy go jumping into reality TV, even if she did blast it in 2005.

Anyways, back to the issue. I've been reading a various message boards and mailing lists, that people are absolutely SHOCKED that Lucy isn't getting more coverage in the promotional advertisements on TV. Some have even gone so far to as to put some conpsiracies into the mix --- oh, it's because she supports gay rights --- grasp for straws much, people?

The fact is, Lucy is just a portion of the entire lineup to be featured. I mean, Cheech Marin isn't mentioned, neither is Hal Sparks and a handful of others who are also going to be showing off their singing talent. They aren't mentioned in the advertisements on TV and you don't see people getting all bent out of shape out over it.

Only in the Xenaverse can people be so ... I don't know .... LOONEY TOONS!

Oh, btw, when I said I won't vote for Lucy if she's not the best. I meant it. But I also won't vote anyone who's better.

But then, you know... it is Lucy... I might just vote for the heck of it! :D

2 comments:

  1. As much as I would love to see more spotlight on her I know that she isn't the most recognized celebrity there, but then again she was one of the first to be mentioned so that's gotta count for something.

    And I know that Lucy has said herself she never wanted to be A list celebrity and that she doesn't mind it...so I accept that and admire her even more for it. I mean knowing what a close connection she keeps with her fans says more about her appreciation for them than other tv celebrities.

    LL rocks so hard...and he will hopefully kick some teeth in with her preformance on "Duets"! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not faulting her not being A-lister. I'm proud that she wants to be a good human first. I applaud her for going against the grain of mainstream Hollywood.

    I wish only more people in Hollywood would have her take on life and other things. Hollywood might be a tolerable place.



    I certainly hope Lucy rocks everyone else off the stage.


    *FIN*

    F

    ReplyDelete