Friday, March 02, 2012

Update on the Get "X" on campaign

I'm making the final preparations this weekend on the website. I took on a freelance assignment this week that's eating up a lot of my time.* I can tell you that the network we are targeting is ION Television. It is available on DirecTV and in many regions throughout the United States on independent stations. I realize that some folks may not get this channel. This is an  unavoidable circumstance because we need to think outside of the box when it comes to target networks.

Our artwork is being finalized this weekend to go with the website launch (http://www.xenaonline.net).

Now, ION does have a web contact form. While I ask that people use the snail mail method (trust me, if they hold something it'll seem a lot more tangible to them), people may also send an email to the company.

Keep in mind that no network wants to  hear an obsessed fan going "if you air it, people will watch it." In stead simply say: I feel that Xena: Warrior Princess will be a great addition to your network's programming.

It truly is that simple!

About ION Television

ION Media Networks, Inc. is a privately-owned, independent network television broadcasting company that owns and operates the largest broadcast television station group in the U.S., reaching over 99 million homes in the U.S. via broadcast, cable, and satellite distribution systems. The company owns and operates 60 full-power broadcast television stations, including stations in each of the top 20 U.S. markets and 37 of the top 50 markets. The company’s flagship general entertainment network, ION Television, features a broad mix of popular television series, theatrical and made-for-television movies, specials and sports. Recent DTV digital broadcast facility upgrades provide a broadband platform using enhanced digital terrestrial spectrum capacity. As a Digital leader in the U.S., ION has pioneered the development of portable, mobile and out-of-home transmission technology using this over-the-air digital television spectrum.
Source: ION Media Networks


* This freelance project is requiring me to do massive amounts of research on a topic that has been in the news recently. I'll put it this way, already my head is about to explode at the research I've uncovered.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I don't even have cable, but I can watch some at work..however I am VERY willing to do all I can to get it back on the air for everyone and othe Xenites! I don't mind sending e-mails or snail mail..I do know ION is one channel shown here locally....who knows, maybe if it comes back on here I can actually find some local Xenite friends to hang with and watch the show together..that would be sooooo sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete