Friday, January 30, 2009

Pre-Con Blog

I've left my laptop on Eastern time to fool me! Okay, long story short... After arriving in Atlanta, they changed my gate assignment. Instead of having a decent breakfast, I was forced to have lunch for breakfast, capped off by a fruity yogurty thing and a bannana.

Oh yummy!

The flight to LA was wrought with turbelance. I'm not catholic, but I did say some hail mary's! I arrived in LA on time, believe it or not. We sat at the terminal gate for 40 minutes before finally going wheel's up in Atlanta Mr. Pilot flew into the jet stream and that made all the difference in the world. It got us "landed" on time. Also, he was kind enough to point out interesting things along the way. I can now say I saw the Grand Canyon! Anyways, when we landed at LAX, we got to the gate about 10 minutes later.

I arrived at the Marriott at 2 p.m. I took a brief nap (if one could call it that) and after haggling with the hotel, finally got my phone fixed about 15 minutes ago (around 11:45 p.m. Pacific). (And finally get internet access!)

I met up with Unwise Ocean and Moy Cullen, followed then by Elsie, Amazon Penny, Sais08 and other people. I'm horrible with names, so when I post their photos people will have to identify themselves. Aurora arrived around 5:30 p.m. ish.

Unwise, Moy and myself went to get a drink at the bar before heading down to registration. Registration is a whole other story. Gold was to start at 7 p.m., but Creation in their infinite wisdom started with Preferred---that just totally screwed things over. I waited in line for an hour and a half. HERE IS THE KICKER (and I saved the best for last). There were only two people doing registration. In years past, if you've gone to the convention they have more than two people and it's near and assembly like system.

But more on that later---back to the drink with Moy and Unwise... A bunch of Creation staffers (stands to reason why registration was scewed up) were eating dinner at Champions. We're sitting there... and in walks Michael Hurst and Jennifer Ward-Leland! Yes, they were there in the restaurant having dinner. Back to registration. Creation always seems to come up with new and crazy ways to screw with you and this registration business is just a new one. Anyways, I's be too tired to post photos tonight. I'll do it first thing in the morning.

Here are the only two photos I took of the thursday get together.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whosyer/collections/72157613153625146/

No comments:

Post a Comment