Friday, July 03, 2009

Doing my part to save the world

Leaving my Vizio on for 16 hours a day and leaving all the lights on in the house. Turning all the fans on (no A/C) and making sure all my gizmos are plugged in.

You know that day when everyone was asked to turn out their lights? I turned mine on. And you know the kicker about that? More energy was wasted when everyone turned ther crap back on than what was saved.

Can we say thud?

Oh yeah, all those prediction about the world coming to an end? They've been saying that for the past 40 years and it ain't happened yet.

I guess people tend to forget that the earth is a living entity that goes through periods of hissy fits. We're in a global cooling period. In about 25 years, we'll be in a warming stage. Same thing happened 30 years ago. Same thing happend 100 years ago. And ironically the same thing happend 11,000 years ago during the ice age.

No comments:

Post a Comment