Saturday, November 06, 2010

Questions from the Internet Part #2

What can you tell about me about the Xena DVD re-release from April?

In April, Universal Home Video re-released the first season of Xena onto DVD. This release is not the same release from a few years ago from the official catalog (and distributed by Anchor Bay). From what I've been able to figure out is that the quality isn't better. It's about on par with that of the VHS tapes. The audio is standard 2.0 (not dolby, like the catalog version) and contains no extras.

Do you like Spartacus?

I watched all of the first season and I couldn't get into it. I lost interest after the first few episodes. One of the things I don't like is when producers try to pass something off as historically accurate, only to miss the mark a bit. It's TV. It should be delivered as such.

What advice do you have about going to the conventions?

The only advice I can give that will be of any benefit is to be socialable. Everything else is really up to you. If want to the golden treatment, then buy the gold package and live it up over the weekend. If want a cheap convention, go general and have fun.

Where can I find the Best Buy DVD sets?

Try eBay or Half.com. Make sure the sets say Best Buy. The boxes have a purple box on the front stating they have the bonus material.

Will Renee ever show up on Spartacus?

Short answer, probably not. I don't know.

What is your opinion on the finale?

The finale was and is, in my opinion, the best way to end the series. Now, with that said, the story could have used some work. It would have been preferable to have a story set in Greece, or at least Rome with familiar characters and Xena dying for something that was a bit more believable.

I don't hate Akemi (never really got why people feel a need to blast a character without regard for the actor's feelings). She was a mini-Gabrielle in Xena's evil days.

No comments:

Post a Comment