Monday, June 25, 2007

Six years later, where is the fandom...

Last Saturday (June 23) marked the sixth anniversary of the airing of "A Friend in Need" the series finale for 'Xena.' At the time, the fandom was still very contentious because of the ending.

That continued for the next couple of anniversaries. It has over the years, lessened and most people have seemed to have moved on with their lives. This year was different.

Xena Online Community was the only Xena board that actually two "FIN" discussions. I don't keep up with the mailing lists anymore (most of the talk is non-Xena anyways), so I can't speak for them. I can only speak of what I know.

So, once again, as I've did so many times after the finale aired:


Thank you Rob, R.J., Lucy, Renee and the rest of the cast and crew for a great finale and six years of worth of good television. Even though I joined midway through the fourth season, I feel like I've been with you all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment